Ecofeminism in Fashion

Before lockdown happened I was already looking into Ecofeminism theories exploring environmentalism, and the relationship between women and the earth. Lockdown meant the collapse of live in cities, whereas life in countryside areas is envied by all of us locked into flats. Theories as ecofeminism, and Feminist and Green Economies approach, raise the need for working towards a sustainable way not only of human life but also the planet (Mertxe Larrañaga Sarriegi, Yolanda Jubeto Ruiz).
These could also link to the need of focusing now more than ever into sustainable fashion and the end of fast fashion practises. As Stella McCartney was saying in the Vogue Session, being mindful about the process is probably what most brands need to apply to their work after this pandemic.
I took these series of pictures last month using the ideas previously discussed of sovereignty over the body-land territory. I am also interested in creating these series of still images to visualize the concepts and create a narrative to put into moving image.