Styling

The biodesigner samples I will be using for my film are samples of new biomaterials but cannot be worn, as they are not finished garment pieces. So I will need to think about the costumes that the characters in the film will be wearing. As I am focusing on sustainable ways of development in fashion, I think it’s important that I have this concept present for every aspect of the production of the film (set design, styling, catering, zero-waste)
My friend is building a new vintage brand and we shot the campaign yesterday. Working on this shoot made me reflect on different ways in which fashion can be sustainable: reusing and recycling clothes, reusing and recycling materials, redesigning materials without extracting natural resources. Doing some further research I found the three concepts of recycling, upcycling, and repurposing as the different approaches to environmental sustainability. I will have all these concepts in mind when I discussed with the stylist the outfits of the characters.
Here are some of the photos from the shoot: